Quick & Easy, Sugar-Free, Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe
It happens to us all: old, brown, & ugly bananas. But before giving them up and throwing them out (such a waste!), try making this super simple banana muffins recipe! Additionally, these delicious moist muffins are sugar free and vegan! We add almond butter & almond milk to add a rich texture. Not only that, almond butter adds protein.
The great part of this recipe is that it is sugar free. However these aren’t lacking a sweet flavor. The sweetness comes from the overly ripe bananas. So in this case, the uglier the banana, the better the muffin.
Let’s get baking!
Banana Muffin Ingredients
- Ripe Bananas
- Rolled Oats
- Almond Milk (or coconut milk)
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Butter
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- 12 Count Muffin Pan
Making Sugar Free Vegan Banana Muffins
First, Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. After that, melt the coconut oil. My favorite method of melting coconut oil is detailed in my Gluten Free Vegan Apple Cider Doughnuts Recipe. Take a tiny amount of the melted coconut oil, and prepare the banana muffin pan by lightly greasing with the melted oil.
MIX WET INGREDIENTS
After you prepare the muffin pan, in a large bowl, pour 1/4 C of the melted coconut oil into it. Add 1/4 C of almond butter, and 2 extremely ripe bananas. Using a fork, mash this mixture together completely. After, add 1 c of almond (or coconut) milk, and 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract. Mix well & set aside.
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 C flour, 3/4 C rolled oats, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. baking soda. After that, combine the wet mixture into the large dry mixture. Make sure to mix well, but don’t overly mix the banana muffin batter.
After the banana muffin batter is mixed, taking heaping spoonful’s, and add it to the prepared muffin pan! This recipe makes exactly 12 muffins, so make sure to evenly fill each muffin space.
Pop the filled muffin pan into the pre-heated oven. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until done. To check, poke a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, they’re done!
Finally, make sure to give the banana muffins a few minutes to cool before taking them out of the muffin pan. Then they are ready to enjoy!
For storing, place the sugar free banana muffins into an airtight container & refridgerate for up to one week.
Being naturally sugar free, these banana muffins will not be as sweet as a typical banana bread or banana muffin. Yet, they are still SO good! I actually prefer the taste than an overly sweet treat. But if you’d like a little something extra, I’ve found drizzling maple syrup over the top of the really highlight the flavor.
Sugar-Free Vegan Banana Almond Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- 1 C Flour
- 3/4 C. Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 extra ripe Bananas mashed
- 1/4 C. Almond Butter
- 1/4 C. Coconut Oil melted
- 1 C. Plain Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- lightly grease the muffin pan with melted coconut oil
Mix Dry Ingredients
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda, & baking powder
Mix Wet Ingredients
- In a medium bowl, mash together the almond butter, melted coconut oil, and ripe bananas.
- In the bowl of bananas, almond butter, and coconut oil, add almond milk & vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix well
Finish & Bake
- Add heaping spoonful's of the muffin batter to the prepared muffin pan. This recipe will make exactly 12 muffins. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. When finished, allow the muffins to cool before popping out. To store, put in an airtight container for up to 5 days!