A quick and easy 4 ingredient vegan peanut sauce recipe to toss with your favorite noodle dish. This recipe also taste amazing topped on Vegan Pad Thai!
This quick and easy recipe comes together in about 5 minutes total! It is rich, creamy, and delicious. If you want it to be spicy, simply add a little sriracha or your favorite hot sauce.
The reason this is so amazingly rich and creamy is the combination of creamy unsalted peanut butter, and coconut cream. Coconut milk works well, but I find that the flavor and texture of the coconut cream adds a decadence that coconut milk doesn’t achieve.
For this vegan peanut sauce, I also prefer the unsalted peanut butter with no added ingredients. Many times, peanut butter will come with extra ingredients that don’t seem necessary. For example, palm oil, which is not a sustainable ingredient.
I also find that there is no need to have salted peanut butter. Truly, if one wants more salt, it’s much easier to add salt a tiny bit at a time, then to have something over loaded with sodium.
- (Optional) Sriracha or Hot Sauce
- Creamy Unsalted Peanut Butter
- Coconut Cream (coconut milk works too!)
- Tamari Sauce (or soy sauce / coconut aminos)
- Coconut Sugar
How to make Vegan Peanut Sauce
This 4 ingredient recipe comes together so quickly!
Simple add all the ingredients to a small sauce pan. Over medium heat, continuously whisk until well combined. If the sauce is a little too thick, simply add 1 Tbsp. of water at a time or until it stirs easily. Bring the sauce to a boil, then immediately turn the heat down to low.
After that, simmer the vegan peanut sauce for about 2-3 minutes or until it thickens up. You can always add more water to get the desired consistency.
Finally, serve the vegan peanut sauce on top of your favorite recipes! My favorite is Vegan Pad Thai, but it also works well tossed on it’s own with udon noodles, buckwheat soba noodles, as a dipping sauce for lettuce wraps, or on a Thai inspired veggie burger.
Quick Peanut Sauce
- Small Sauce Pan
- 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha Optional
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce or Tamari Sauce
- 1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- Combine all of the ingredients into the small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer until the sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Serve with rice noodles or on top of Pad Thai for a rich, creamy, and peanut-y sauce.